SEROC to Road Atlanta!!

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SEROC to Road Atlanta!!
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 13:22:38 -0500
This did not get through to the list this morning so here it is again for
SEROC I may have missed.  Update - the Hampton is full -

HEY ALL!!!   Just a couple of days to Road Atlanta!!  The weather is looking
good (fingers crossed) and the Roadster is running fine!  There is still
time to make plans to attend.  The NC and SC contingency is being headed up
by Mike Faggart and the FL contingency is lead by Brian Hollands.  Great to
hear the 2000 is running Brian!!  I will be coming over from north AL, and
Brad Holmes is driving in from middle AL (Montgomery).  And don't forget
John Brassfield from the B'ham area!  I will be great to see you guys!!!
So as you see there will be many caravans headed that way, so join in!!   We
are all staying at the Hampton Inn in Gainesville - 1-800-Hampton.
www.RoadAtlanta.com <http://www.RoadAtlanta.com>  has good maps of the area
and other information if needed.  Go to the infield entrance on the north
side of the track to get in and drive around looking for Roadsters.  Brian -
looks like you may be first there, so just find a nice place to watch the
races with parking in the grass.  Last year we were above turns 10 (to the
right as you go into the infield area), but anyplace is fine with me.

I plan to leave about sun rise on Saturday.  I found a small grill to pack
and plan on bringing hamburger, buns, condiments, and charcoal for a good
old burger burn for everyone.  Can I get volunteers for chips and other BQ
goodies?   My friend Alan is coming with me and we are running out of room
in the Roadster.  After the burger burn we will have an informal SEROC
meeting and awards, more Roadster talk with visits to the pits, then off to
harass the locals.  Sunday will be parade lap day and more race car
excitement.

Getting to RA has been a long haul for me as it has been for some of you
guys.  I made the final 100 bucks this weekend mowing lawns, still have to
finish the church project, and best of all I have my wife's blessing to go!
This will be a great end to a long and very busy summer.  Drive carefully
everyone.  See you there!!

Happy Roadstering!!
Phil
SEROC - and a ROCing to RA!!  YEE HAAA!!!!!