Re: Temperature sending unit.

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temperature sending unit.
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@MSFC.NASA.GOV>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:44:10 -0500
Hey again - below is a reply I got on the idea of removing the return spring
on the brake pedal.  This was off list so I thought I would forward.  If you
remember a friend almost "lost it all" when the E-clip broke due to high
return spring forces.

"Nissan recognized the problem themselves and installed positive stop
brackets on all Z cars equipped with
just such a spring.   These brackets have a tough rubber tipped 6 mm bolt
which is jamb nutted to allow for precise adjustment.   The only thing
between a roadster owner and an absolutely no hydraulic braking situation is
small internal E-clip which holds the plunger in position between braking
cycles.   The addition of these positive stops was deemed necessary on Z
cars, why not Roadsters?  Simple evolution of the design process.   A
definite betterment.   If they don't want to remove the springs, why not at
least err on the side of caution and install a positive stop bracket?"

 Happy Roadstering

Phil
SEROC

PS -Now this is embarrassing -  didn't get my reservation in at the Hampton
for RA - anyone got a floor me and Alan can barrow - will pay.