[Fwd: CAR SHOW]

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: CAR SHOW]
From: Russell Southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 20:37:34 -0500
roadster showing in Illinois
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
To: <rulee@cityscape.net>
Subject: Re: CAR SHOW
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 19:17:35 -0500

Russ-
Wow, sorry to hear about your truck.  Just glad no one got hurt.
The show was great!  Initially there was fear of rain, but Friday and
Saturday turned out to be beautiful days.  We attended the both Friday night
and Saturday.  There was more interest by on lookers than I had anticipated.
Quite a few came up and told about the roadster they used to have....  Even
while cruising the Center on Saturday night I heard several people yell
"Datsun 1600!!" from the crowded streets.
You would have enjoyed it!
I stayed Saturday night and drove back this morning with my girlfriend-IN
THE RAIN.  I should add that my car has no top or working wipers, but I
found if you keep the speed above 75 the interior stays pretty dry ;-)
Thanks for the reply Russ.  We will have to get the cars together sometime.

Nathan

> Nathan was intending to leave work early today and appear with my roadster
> tonight in Springfield..... Unfortunately I got as far as Sheldons Grove
and an
> 8
> point buck killed my new 4wd(new to me) so I didn't make it.
> Roadster content (thank God I wasn't driving it!)
> no Sid ,I didn't get it, it got away. Hate to hurt a beautiful animal like
that.

> now shooting and eating it is another thing.
> Russ Southwell 70 1600 4 dead 2000 1 dead 4wd
> possibly 1 dead deer.
> Nathan Ruffcorn wrote:
>
> > Russell-
> > Well it appears the mailing list is down?  I miss it, but am glad to get
> > break.  Keeping up with the list takes more time than any of us probably
> > realize!  I just wanted to find out whether you were still planning on
going
> > to the Valco Cruise for Charity in Springfield (Sept 8,9).  The
roadsters
> > should have a decent showing.  I know I still won't have the vent
windows on
> > for the show, but the car looks OK without them.  I need a softtop
too-will
> > the insanity ever end.....  There will be several roadsters and several
Z's
> > (the Z people were glad to have other imports to show with!)  I tried to
get
> > Z's and roadsters in any stage of completion or condition.  The last
time I
> > spoke with John Schmitt he was planning on coming and was going to
contact
> > Jay Ford.  It would be great to have you and your 70 1600 lined up with
us.
> > It's a great example of an almost completely original roadster!  It
should
> > be a lot a fun and great place to swap some roadster stories.  Let me
know
> > what your thoughts are, and we can plan from there.  Hope all is well.
Talk