now I'm one thing smarter

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: now I'm one thing smarter
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:19:50 -0700
Been having trouble with my front carb overflowing occationally. It came to
a head Monday when Pam wanted to take the car out for a spin and it flooded
in the driveway! Time to figure out what was going on...

I had put in a new set of plastic floats when I cleaned up the carbs and I
already had replaced the float with the original brass one, thinking I had a
sinker. I also had put in a set of Grose jets at the same time. The carb
would still overfolw from time to time.

Well, tonight I think I may have found out what was wrong. The gasket
between the floatbowl and the bowl top had swelled up and was blocking the
movement of the float. I took out the gasket and drove her for about an hour
and not a hint of overflow. I still have to make a new gasket, but it looks
like the leak has stopped in any case.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600