Palomar run is shaping up to be a great one

To: Ahorwitz55@aol.com, amandak@hsc.usc.edu, atmarosi@earthlink.net,
Subject: Palomar run is shaping up to be a great one
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 21:56:31 -0700
Hello All,

First off, I hope everyone had a great Labor day weekend. I started off the
weekend replacing the rear end on my 64 1500 and then proceeded to spend
some quality time with her and went on a good long drive. Too much fun.

The Palomar run is shaping up to be a great run. This is an all Datsun and
all club event. If you have a Datsun/Nissan car running or not you are
welcome to come and join the fun. I expect a good turn out from the
roadster, Z, and 510 community so come join the fun!

Some things to cover: I had originally thought that a picnic at the
observatory would be nice, but several of you wrote back and pointed out
that a crock pot full of chili in the back of a car on a very steep and
twisty road is not a smart idea. So instead I think the best idea would be
to go to the observatory for a group shot and photo opportunity, and then
head back down the road to the Palomar Lodge. The food is simple, but we can
get refreshments there and then head back down the road.

Remember, the meeting place is Classic Datsun Motorsports in Vista, Ca. at
10:30 am and the run will commence at 11:00 am. There are maps to Classic
Datsun Motorsports on both the SoCalROC website and the Classic Datsun
Motorsports website. If you need explicit directions, please let me know and
I will be happy to oblige.

I'll send out one more reminder for the run next week and look forward to
seeing everyone on the run.

See you there!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC