alternator clean-up

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: alternator clean-up
From: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 20:18:30 -0700
The weekend alternator learning project went well after checking the
manual (no help) and archives (better English) and some  help from the
List. If what we found is any indication it might be a good idea to do
what Tom Walter's suggested, clean and check. There was old grease, rust
and grease on the armature, two wires which were soldered on the brushes
were a missing some strands, and the connector plug terminals were
corroded. Now I see why a new wiring harness makes sense but I am going
to ignore that observation for now and just clean things up and resolder
the wires.. May need some new wire terminals for the connector if I can
get them.
Next stop, starter.
Linda