Distributor Question: Solved

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor Question: Solved
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:35:44 -0700
Once again proving that I like to make things difficult on myself, I found
the source of my kick over but won't run problem.  A $%^&$ fuse.  After
spending 3 hours discovering my meter doesn't work to test continuity,
dismantling the coil and ballast resistor and thoroughly cleaning them
(they weren't really dirty), buying a new continuity meter and jumper wire
to try the hot wire bypass test, I decided to follow the advice I got from
my mechanic to check the fuses.  Duhhhhhhhhhhh !!!  Fires right up and
stays up.  Sometimes I wonder where my head is at.  In any event, thanks
once again to all who responded with kind words of advice when you could
have told me I was an idiot, which I am.  In any event, time to time her
up, wash her, and head off into the beautiful Oregon sunshine.  Stay tuned
for my next amatuer hour mechanic incident, which I hope is not today.

69 SRL
NOWROC
Troutdale, OR

P.S.  The blown fuse was of the 20a variety, whereas the fuse box cover
calls for a 10a.  I put a 10a in there, so we'll see how it goes.  What is
the standard thought on oversizing fuses?  Bad idea?  Sometimes warranted?
Fan mail from a flounder?

P.P.S.  Hey Poorboy, come and catch me now.......