Re: Basic Distributor Question continued.

To: jon_wissler@pngc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Basic Distributor Question continued.
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:12:25 -0700 (PDT)
Like John said, sounds like a bad ballast resistor.  This part is about
$5 at a good auto parts store; bring yours in as they may not list it
specifically for the roadster but they do list it for old datsuns.  I
matched it up by looking at the pretty pictures in their parts book.

Adam
'70 1600

--- jon_wissler@pngc.com wrote:
> Thanks to all who offered advice about the "missing nut".  I ended up
> pulling the distributor, taking GREAT care to not it's orientation,
> shook
> it upside down, and out she came.  Thinking I had dodged the bullet,
> reassembled, gapped, and tried to fire it up.  Same as before, it
> tries to
> fire, but as soon as it catches it seems to "shut down".  Obviously I
> have
> spark or it wouldn't fire for a revolution or so.  There is plenty of
> gas
> in the tank and the fuel filter bowl.  Any suggestions as to what to
> check
> next?  I didn't pull the distributor plate, but am thinking about it.
> Would a broken dizzy spring cause this kind of behavior?
>
> 69 SRL
> NOWROC
> Troutdale, OR (Bright sun and 80 degress and I'm stuck in my %^&%#
> garage
> !!!, plus I need to get to work !!)

=====
Adam