Here on the Big Island...

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Here on the Big Island...
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:42:45 -1000
I've been "quiet" on the list for some time now, because things have been
good.  Content to just follow the traffic, and not to contribute my .02
since I feel there's enough already.

Now, suddenly, I need help/advice.

The 1600 was running normally and smoothly as it has for quite a while
since some major tune up work over a year ago, when suddenly it became a
"1200".

After limping back to my garage on three cylinders (up some steep grades,
of course), I commenced pulling plug wires one by one.  Detaching from
cylinder #1 made no difference, while detaching from any of the others made
a substantial difference.  A quick compression test confirmed that #1 was
absolute ZERO. (gauge, that is.), the others in the normal range.

Looks like the head is to come off.

Appreciate any thoughts, comments.

Aloha and Mahalo,

Dave