Pertronix Debate

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronix Debate
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:48:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        I have a 'spare' pertronix unit that I want to try to jigger to see if I
can make it work a bit better.  I know that Fred Katz does not like them because
you can not adjust the dwell.  The two mounting screws do not allow for any
adjsutment of when it 'fires'  I want to circularly ovalize these two mounting
screws so that the unit can be slightly rotated back and forth for some dwell
adjsutment.  Does anybody have any ideas about the usefullness of this
excercise?
Because of the MSD ignition I can't actually check the swell with a meter so I
guess I am just going to tweak the plate one way or the other and see if it
makes any difference...can't really afford a bunch of dyno runs ya know..
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA