Re: Alternator wiring revisited

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>,
Subject: Re: Alternator wiring revisited
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 20:19:05 -0400
  Okay then, why does my amp meter show discharge when I start the car until
I kick it over 2000 RPMs and the shows positive for a few miles until the
battery is charged again?  I'm running a 'two-wire' GM alternator with the
second wire running to the 12 volt hot wire to the radio. (1969 1600 )  Does
that second wire make the amp meter work?  The old white wire hot lead is
terminated under the dash and the old voltage regulator has been completely
removed; harness and all.

Paul
OROC