Re: clutch question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>,
Subject: Re: clutch question x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 17:10:57 -0500
> One of the amazing things about this list is the very fast ability to get
> questions answered. Amazing really. It's kind of like being forced to land a
> plane and the tower is talking you down! :-)
> Anway, thanks to info, transmission was put in  neutral , engine was rotated
> to the last notch the pointer comes to on the pulley. Is this TDC? #1
> cylinder top is visible thru the open spark hole, but the rotor on
> distributor is pointing to #4 instead of #1 ( #1 should be at approx11:00 on
> distributor for 1 3 4 2 firing order , correct) So either distributor is in
> 180 degrees wrong or pointer is at wrong notch on pulley

Could be TDC on the exhaust strode. Remember that the crank rotates twice
for one complete cycle. Do you have the valve cover off? If not, I'd take it
off and (if this is a 2000) look for both number one cam lobes to be pointed
up, sort of in a "V" or rabbit ears.

If it's a 1600 you should still be able to see if both valves are closed. If
the number four lobes are as described, then you need to rotate the crank
another 360 degrees which should put you at TDC for number one.

HTH, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas
(817) 572-0873