Re: ALL DATSUN! (long)

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: Re: ALL DATSUN! (long)
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:02:57 -0800 (PST)
Phillip Hall wrote;
> National
> Registry is well under way (thanks to Roman Rist and Mark Dent) and
> should
> be pushed for more participation.  I am as guilty at the rest for not
> pushing this harder.  With the registry we have essentially started
> the
> National Roadster club, which then could be incorporated into a
> National
> Datsun club and event.  I don't know the workings of
> starting/publishing a
> magazine, but as we get closer to a National Datsun movement, someone
> that
> is in the right position to start a magazine will step forward.

I am all in favor of something like this for two reasons;

1) As  some one has said, there is strength in numbers. If parts for
Datsuns are gone forever, than we all lose. I for one would hate to
have a car of mine confined to a garage, fearful to drive it for lack
of replacement parts.

Seems that Les has the right idea with the surfside show, all are
welcome. It would be nice if it was a much larger turnout. I'm not sure
what is the bug on that.
It is a good start and the right idea however.

We seem in some ways, as a society, to never have gotten past the high
school mentality of the clique.
"They aren't cool, cause they aren't part of my group"
That has to end for survival's sake

I think that les, if he worked only on roadsters would probably be out
of business shortly. IMHO, he understands the survival aspect of being
all inclusive.
One of mans primary shortcomings is the exclusion of someone or
something, because it is different from himself. This applies from
racism to roadsters. The bickering I have heard of amongst the various
datsun clubs is nonsurvival to all of us.

2) I love the Idea of a magazine! A paper one, however. not a cyber
mag.
A real magazine that I can pick up at the 7-11 or newsstand.
I have always had roadsters, and had a Z as well, a B210 also.
Marc Sayer's mag is what introduced me to CDM.
I saw the website earlier, but it did not have the effect that an ad
and an article in the magazine had on me. It made it REAL.
I think people like Real Magazines.
I was very sad to see Marc's magazine go, but I was sad before it
"officially" folded. To me, I saw going toward the cdrom version, the
beginning of the end.
I never even subscribed, I liked going to the newsstand and getting the
real thing.

Maybe as the Roadsterregistry grows it will include all datsuns. I am
not against that at all. For now the roadsters have my hands full, it
won't always be like that though.

On a side note, I formed the Yahoo roadster club to bring new blood to
the list and reach non list members for the registry.
It has over 2000 hits and is 30 members strong now. not that much, but
more than I anticipated. I have as a result of this club reached some
newbies and created some new list people. This is good!
I urge you to join and invite others to join. BTW, anyone is welcome.
post a picture of your car, roadster or not. I only ask,  1 car per
member so the club doesn't run out of photo space. If you want more
pictures just add a link to your website or photopoint site. all are
welcome!

There! that is my 2cents
Roman Rist
Datsun Owner