Sadroc --> HopefullROC (the saga continues)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Sadroc --> HopefullROC (the saga continues)
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 23:49:25 -0000
So, we find that although no. 3 is fouling, the others are starting to as
well, and I'm blowing smoke, but funnily enough, I'm not using any oil...

Then she coughs and dies on me - I ran out of fuel (my silly fault, fuel
gauge don't work, and it must have airlocked last fill - thought I still had
30 miles in her...)
Anyway, we get her going, and it appears that it's a fuel problem.  I've
been using leaded fuel from a discount fuel place near home (at $1/litre,
you'd understand why) and it appears that it's this fuel causing the
problems.  So now I'm using a higher octane fuel, and the problem is proving
to be intermittent, now.  So with a few more days running this through her,
I'm hoping that she'll settle down...

Cheers,

Steve