Re[2]: California Black/Gold Plates

To: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Subject: Re[2]: California Black/Gold Plates
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:28:25 -0800
I've seen some older cars with painted plates. I don't know how they get away
with it. Unless the authorities are only concerned with late-model plates that
require the reflective coating. It could be that cops don't care about the old
ones as long as they're registered. I've even seen plates painted purple and
other colors to match the car color (plates were supposed to be black).

Fred - So.SF
('68 2000 with valid black plates)