Re: What's the big deal about a'67 2000--RE: #36 for sale

To: Dan Zubkoff <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: What's the big deal about a'67 2000--RE: #36 for sale
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 08:22:50 -0800
The 67.5 2000 is significant because it represents a milestone in the Roadster's
development history, and because it represents a bridge between two generations
of
Roadster development, with one foot in the "low windshield, flat dash" past,
and the other
in the "more horsepower, U20 engine" future. Is it more significant, or more
important
than a '63 single-carb 1500, the first 1600-engined car? That's a matter of
opinion, and
taste, and a definitive Roadster collection would include all of them - but as
Dan says,
they are all Roadsters and therefore cool!

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA
('70 2000, which represents an unfortunate milestone in Roadster development -
when the Z
car KILLED it!)