brake rotors

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake rotors
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:16:38 -0600
I looked up the past threads on turning rotors.  The "gurus" have not issued
their usual warning. From what I read, when you turn rotors you add to the
distance a brake pad has to travel to put pressure on the rotor, and when
you turn them too much, you cannot put enough pressure on the brakes to stop
the car.  Additionally, the pads can travel far enough that the piston
bottoms out on the caliper frame, and you get no brakes at all.  That's why
you don't turn rotors past the minimum thickness.  Someone else jump in with
a few facts.

Leisure Suit Terry