Re: Fuel expansion tank on ebay?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel expansion tank on ebay?
From: "Jason Roosa" <jrooster@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 16:10:40 -0800
List - Here's my problem - I can't seem to get the car started! I've been
working on this for some time now but I just don't want to give up and take it
down to the local shop. I've installed new rebuilt carbs (z-therapy) and
they're great as well as have installed a new distributor/cap&rotor/plugs/etc.
The car turns over great, it's timed correctly (I think) & the carbs are
adjusted correctly (I think) - but it will only turn over and it just won't
fire. If I spray a bit of starting fluid into the intake it will fire until
the starting fluid runs out at which time it stops firing and just continues
to turn over - at this point I get a small amount of fuel to come out of the
overflow tubes. It's very close to firing up but I just can't get it to go.
I'm not very mechanically inclined but I have worked on this car for 10-15
years doing minor repairs. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Jason Roosa
67 1600
Puyallup, Washington