"Coming Out"

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Coming Out"
From: "Jack Davis" <jrd.boulder@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 20:52:48 -0700
List traffic seems to be slow so I will take this opportunity to "come out".

I have been lurking on the list since April when I bought my 1969 2000
SRL311-11273. Last month my wife bought a 1970 1600 SPL311-28456. Seems she
didn't take to well to my idea of getting a roll bar -- with a gun rack --
so she bought her own!!! With two roadsters in the household I guess I
should be more than a lurker.

Before I ask my question I would like to thank all the people on the list
who contribute. I have gathered a lot of useful information from you folks
and I hope as time goes by I will be able to contribute as well.

I actually would like to install a roll bar (minus the gun rack) but wonder
if the factory mounting location is sturdy enough. Most of the pictures I
have seen on the net show the vertical bars near the body - where the
factory mounting seems to be. If you use the measurements from Bob Sharp's
Datusn Competition Preparation  Manual the vertical bars are over the frame.

I watched Gary Boone last summer (and got a ride too-what a rush) and would
like to give Autocross a try next year. Will the roll bar mounted to the
floorboard really hold up in a rollover?, will it pass SCCA tech inspection?

Personal stuff:
Chris & I live in Lafayette, CO, about 30 miles north of Denver. We hang
with the WyCROC folks. Chris wants to keep her 1600 "stock" (it still has
the emission controls on it) although she is going to get it painted a dark
blue. I on the other hand want to add a few personal touches. I am currently
running 14x6 Panasports and would like to add some "performance enhancers"
as time goes on.

Jack                       Chris
'69 2000                '70 1600
SRL 311-11273    SPL 311-28456