Update on Roadster stuff

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update on Roadster stuff
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 11:27:36 -0600
Hey List -

Slow day on the list - weather slow Roadstering down?  So, I will bug you
with Roadster updates from the South.

Fiberglass Fenders:  I have called Performance Fiberglass and they are
working up a price.  With a commitment of 10 sets they will make some for
around $150.00.  But, it would take a deposit of about 50% from the 10
people to offset the cost of the molds.  If I had the 1500 to 2000 bucks I
would have them made today!  I am trying other manufactures also.

Springs:  They are a go!   More details to work on, but it looks like we
should get them made - unless something comes up.  Life is like that
sometimes!  The springs will give the Roadster a lower ride height (close to
Nissan comp springs), but have a less aggressive spring rate then the comp
springs.  The rate will be higher than stock so the suspension does not
bottom out on the bump stops.  The idea is to get the Roadster down to
design height without the "loose your fillings" ride.  Price is looking good
at $100 to $120 a set.  These springs will be extremely high quality!
Contacting other manufactures on sway bars - will keep you updated.

Roadster Shop (24'X22' - usable attic):  Just finished the vinyl siding and
starting the wiring.  The siding went easier then painting and will last
forever.  It is soooo nice to have a place for my Roadster and Roadster
ONLY.  But now I'm broke - no Roadster parts for X-mas.

Fuse Block:  I am working on that fuse block.  It will have inputs for the
battery, outputs for starter, 3 accessories, six fused accessories etc..  I
will post pictures when finished.  Need to finish Paul's (in CA) stuff first
(you will see this work at Paul's '66 unveiling).   This fuse block is a
stand alone so, I can add goodies (stereo, electric fuel pump, electric fan
etc..) with out taxing my 34 year old system.   The Roadster - my system is
40 and already taxed!

So many neat Roadster stuff to work on and so little time/money.  Sorry for
being so long.

Happy Roadstering:-)
Phil
SEROC