Re: H20 engines

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: H20 engines
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:05:01 -0500
Chris,

The H20 engine is a 2000cc OHV motor. Just like the R16
in our roadsters, but with the stroked crank running
U20 connecting rods and pistons.

As a forklift they are limited to 1500 rpm by the use
of very weak valve springs.  Apparently with new valve
springs, they will run quite happy up to 6,500 rpm red
line!

Quite a few of the engines have found their ways into
roadsters in the USA. The only source of the engines
here is from Fork Lifts (Nissan Industrial). In Australia
the H20 is used in a small truck and van of some sort,
which I have never seen. So they have a better source
of engines.

Irony... when I had matched up a molded lower radiator
hose for my 2000, the source as a "nissan forklift".
It was a GATES hose that a friend in a auto parts place
matched up at the warehouse without knowing what it was
from. <grin>. Sorry, I don't have the part number off hand...
hose is sitting in my old '67 2000, which I no longer have.

Cheers,

Tom Walter  '68 2000
Austin, TX