AutoX report and Roadster Sighting

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: AutoX report and Roadster Sighting
From: "Laury, Victor" <LauryV@MTA.NET>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:29:45 -0700
Well, I'm sunburned again. Went AutoXing Sunday at Anaheim Stadium held by
the CalClub SCCA org. This group had so many national winners and it was a
real kick in pregrid, knowing the RX-3 Behind you and the Miata next to you
are National Champs. It was a fast course with lots of room but still 2nd
gear was the top I ever saw. The Top time of the day was a hot battle,
between a 175cc shifter cart and a wild contraption created and raced by the
Cal Poly Group. the Shifter cart took it with a 49.013! An amaizing time!

My times, on the other hand, have become distressingly consistant. It seemed
that no amount of effort could improve them. According to the scoreboards, I
placed 2nd out of a field of 5 in C Stock, but the scoreboards are sketchy
and I'll have to wait for the official results. I got extra style points on
my second class run (fastest of the day). I was so intent to fly through the
stop-finish lights that I forgot to slow down for the 90 after the finish
lights! I ended up doing a complete spin in that narrow corner without
knocking over  1 cone or leaving the lane! Much to the delight of the
spectators, who gave me much applause and thumbs up!

C Stock
63.211
62.270
63.168

Time only
63.827
62.359
62.712

While there, a fellow came up to me and told me that he has a roadster too
and that he had met Andrew. I went to see it in the parking lot. A white 70
1600, tan interior, with a very clean L motor conversion (maybe one of
Stan's conversion kits). He said it was a 2L but I cant tell an L-16 from an
L-18 or L-20 even on a good day. The 510 fellow next to us could only say it
had an SSS head.

Victor
70 SRL 31113136
Los Angeles