Washington State TAXED (OT)

To: "ROADSTER LIST" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Washington State TAXED (OT)
From: "Dave Mehl" <waterback@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 06:10:53 -0700
Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

Please excuse (delete) this if your not from WA.

If you are from WA. read on so you might see what the bums in charge are
doing to us. I KNOW this will affect the way I will vote in the future.

As I mentioned a while ago, I purchased an 86 300 ZX as a spare car. In
trying to register this car with the DMV I ran into some problems. The first
problem is that our beloved State Godvernment has decreed that they are the
sole agency that can determine the value of a vehicle. While I actually paid
$2,200, and got a dated, and signed receipt, they insist that the car is
worth $4,400. They will not recognize the receipt from the seller, and I
shall therefore be taxed on the full $4,400. A tax of about $360 + the other
related fees. (high blue book on this car is $3,700 for low mi. in good
condition, with all options.) I was then told to get estimates for repairs
totaling $2,200 to prove the reduced value. Ever try that? "I'm not really
going to fix this right now, but I need an estimate because..." I've found
that some people can be quite rude if they think you're trying to waste
they're precious time. So it looks like the State will have they're nasty
little way with me in this regard. It's a shame to live under a Godvernment
that thinks the citizens will falsify documents, and lie, simply to escape
over taxation. So... if you're considering the purchase of another car, I
advise you to wait until after the elections to see if this changes back to
the way it was.

Happy roadstering,
Dave.
SRL311-10444
86 300 ZX
NOWROC

(And no, they weren't interested in buying it from me. Even though I told
them I'd sell it for $3,500.)        >:-(