Re: Opinions wanted. 67.5 2L value?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Opinions wanted. 67.5 2L value?
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:24:40 GMT
I can't agree with you on any of your points, Calvin.
My last car was a 2 year old Holden Barina (for you guys - Opel Corsa).
It was practical, yes.  Cheap, yes.
Run rings around my 2000?  Not a hope.  In fact, I just dragged off a Suzuki
Gti a couple of days ago.  Heh!  He wasn't happy.  Handling?  Go drive a
Hyundai Excel or Nissan Pulsar.  Then take your roadster for a spin.  NOBODY
was trying to overtake me on my recent country trip.  Looks?  Don't make me
laugh.  Nobody gave my Barina a second glance.  People stop and look at my
roadster all the time.  Sure, it isn't practical.  But you only live once.

Prices, btw, in Australia are generally much higher for ANY car.

The Barina (Corsa) cost me $10,500
I picked up the Datsun for $10,800.  And I got a very good deal (recent
gearbox and engine overhauls, but the paint needs re-doing, looks OK,
though)
The Datsun isn't going to depreciate at all, going by the last few years,
whereas the Barina will be worth probably half its current value in 5 years
time.

http://profiles.msn.com.