Clutch change story

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch change story
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:32:12 -0700
List,
I have to tell this story I heard today. I stopped by  my buddy Joe
Klokkevold's shop today and their were to Roadsters there that I had
never seen before. I asked about the 70' 1600 he had out back and
he told me the guy came to him to replace the clutch and he quoted him
$600.00 and the guy told him that was high and went somewhere else.
The other place quoted him $250.00 not knowing the engine has to
come out first. Well they couldn't get the engine mount loose so they
cut it off at the frame and when it came time to put it back in they
used
JB weld to attach it. They also stripped the transmission mounting bolts

out and used sheet metal screws to reattach it. When they couldn't get
the speedo cable loose they took bolt cutters and cut it in half. They
also
bent the throttle shaft in the trans tunnel when lifting the engine out.

Joe said it cost the guy over $600.00 for him to repair the damage the
other guys did. I guess he should have stayed with someone who has
done a clutch job on a Roadster.

Mike
Nowroc