RE: 450 miles...

To: list roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 450 miles...
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:26:58 -0700 (PDT)
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 CalSpeed@aol.com wrote:
>...  My job and my life which happen to inter-twine but most
>certainly need to be seperated for my mental well being.

Well said! Wonder how fun Roadsters would be if they were your job too?
(Les, Dennis, Mike, Dean, Ross, etc?)

>I also did experience some "Pinging" in fifth gear when running hard
>up a hill at higher elevations.  Does this sound normal?  My car is
>tuned for sea level.

You just weren't going fast enough :)  . I've had mine over Vail Pass
and Eisenhour Tunnel (oops, they call it something else now, I don't
remember what) - 11,000 ft, 6-7% grades. Held 75mph in 5th most of
the way up.  But maybe my tune would make that much difference (home:
6,000')?

>Get out and drive your car!  You only have a month or so left this
>year.

What!?!? Correction: You mean you only have a month or so before you
have to put the top back on, right??  :)

I envy you Californians going topless all the time. Man, we get rained
on so often out here we HAVE to tote our top along. I got caught really
bad once; 1" of standing water on my sheepskin seatcovers..
PHHEEEeeewwwWWW!!!

Nice writeup Calspeed, thanks.

Only 3 months until it's time to throw some traction ballast (100lb
bag of sand) in the trunk!  (kidding. they do just fine on ice and snow
until the snow depth is up to the bumpers).
Dan Neff    '69 2000 (daily driver)
Colorado Springs, CO
www.wycroc.org