Autocross pilots, was: 1600 rear vs 2000 swap

To: "David & Candy Pina" <casalp@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Autocross pilots, was: 1600 rear vs 2000 swap
From: "Rob Robinson" <fastrtime@t-three.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:14:33 -0400
I'm running a 3.89 LSD with Hoosier 225/45 on 15x9's. First gear is a little
tall for optimum launching, but I like using only 1st and 2nd gears for most
autocrosses. I'm currently using Hoosier DOT radials, but I used to use
Hoosier DOT bias, 245/45 on 15x9. Both have thier advantages - they seem to
be equally fast. I switched to radials more for availability than anything
else. Hoosier DOT bias in my size were VERY hard to find.

Rob Robinson
CSP 67 2000
Roanoke, VA

Jerry,
How do you like the 4.62 gearing? I am contemplating putting my 4.62
LSD in my  2000.  I've got a 5.13 locker in it now and all first gear is
good for is burning my 225x50x14 R1s. :-) Fun but not fast. You  other
autox pilots out there, what size wheels/ tires do you run? Is there a
big difference in traction between an R1 and say, Kuhmos or Hoosier
slicks? What do you run Dennis?, Mr. Miller?
David (searching for traction) Pina.<<