Re: 1600 rear vs 2000 swap..more to it

To: CalSpeed@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1600 rear vs 2000 swap..more to it
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:56:19 EDT
Hey you guys,
I think there is more to this, the 4 speed has
significantly lower gears on first and second than
the 5 speed, the rear axel is lower, sure, but only
a bit.  On some lower powered cars, like
my 72 510 wagon, 1st gear is lower yet,
a real stump puller,  jeez, I could plow with it,
but its all done half way across the intersection also...
my tech pubs show the following:
roadster 5sp first gear:    2.960 to one
roadster 4sp first gear:    3.382 to one
510 sedan first gear:       3.382 to one
510 wagon first gear:      3.657 to one
Just my 2 cents on this one,
Best Regards,
Jim