can't beleive how fast it is!

To: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>,
Subject: can't beleive how fast it is!
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 01:26:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hey folks,
  couple of days back I wrote about how my 66 was running like crap.
That's all changed.
 I took my float chambers completely apart and discovered an aluminum
electronics pc board stand off. this was trying to operate as a fuel
shut off! It was never shutting all the way off and some gas was always
overflowing. funny thing is, the PO had the right part in all the extra
carb parts he gave me with the car.
 next I got tune up stuff.

Borg Warner/Select
Points, part# A521 (turned out to be NOS redline)
Condenser, part# G583
Dist Cap, part# C555
Rotor, part# D559

 For plugs I used Denso W20ES-U#4  3051#4
I wanted NGKs but the counter guy said they were discontinuing them in
favor of the Denso plugs. He had just recently come back from a 3 hr
plug seminar and was SOLD! so I tried a set. I like them!

 Then Victor came over and we adjusted the valves an did all the tuneup
tweaking. (thank you victor)

 The car always performed pretty well but now it goes like a bat out of
hell!!! Victor took a test drive and chirped the tires in 3 out of 4
gears!!!

 This so inspired me I decided to install my comp sway bar that I've
had since Dec.
 Man, oh Man, oh Man! It was hell to install,  ( too much previous
contact with parking lot stoppers) took 2 hours!
 I took it for a test ride on Mullholland Dr. (LA twisty), turned on
the driving lamps... and drove!
 Corners that previously got my adrenalin going and turned my stomach
into a rock were now a walk in the park!! Why did I not install this
before? duh!
 I highly recommend installing one on any, no, every roadster you
have!!
should be standard equipment. CDM and I'm sure the other vendors have
them.
 Anyhow, the car runs great and handles.
BTW, running KYBs, 185/60 Dunlaps on slotted american racing wheels
from an early Z, car is lowered as well. But the Comp Sway Bar really
makes a major difference!

Now the car only looks like crap.

Roman Rist
PS. thanks to everyone for your input and assistance.

http://mail.yahoo.com/