The Search Continues....

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Search Continues....
From: Michael Tarelka <mtarelka@home.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:22:34 -0700
Hello All, I wrote the last "Field Report" on a 2000 in Sausalito.  To
date I have spoke to a great guy in Idaho, with an advertised "frame
off, original Solex, 2000",  advertised at a mistake of $10K, but really
$20K; he has an offer for $16K. This car sound like a Grade 1 Concours
quality auto; you don't drive these on a yearly basis , let alone daily!

I still am looking at an overpriced 1600 with the latest price of $4k,
locally here in Alameda.

The car in Phoenix with the FI 200 SX racing engine who is asking $14K
has an offer.

Mike Young's award winning Stroker 1600 is still available for $18K.

The latest quest was for a "1967, one owner, 100% stock, all records
2000 in Huntington Beach, CA."  The guy lives in Alaska and he bought
the car from the original owner in Washington state (doesn't this make
it a second owner car?).  It's been repainted (yellow), he thinks the
mileage is 159,000 and the title papers are "mis-placed".  The car has
not been started/ driven for over 2 years.  Nice guy, he wants me "...to
call the original owner, if, he is not dead".  The car is in a public
storage place and seeing it may be difficult to arrange.  This person
also told me Les, in San Diego, saw the car and remarked "there is stock
items on this car he has never seen" and "Les, may want to buy it".
This nice fellow considers himself a collector of cars, with homes in
Alaska, Hawaii and California.  He is going to send pictures.

This is an adventure.  I have owned Alfa's and TR-6s.  I do want a
Roadster (maybe because of the challenge), but you can get a sweet Alfa,
that runs fast and fun for around $8K - $10K.  Yipes, I know the flames
will come.  However, this group of people on this ring are terrific and
how could I want to go anywhere else?

I will keep trying and lurking

Michael Tarelka
Alameda, CA