Re: Soft top frames, the saga continues!

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soft top frames, the saga continues!
From: Ray Cole <raycole@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:24:24 -0700
I had a similar experience.

I purchased a roll bar from Ron Hamilton (great roll bar by the way) and
discovered that my frame was two narrow to use with it.  Of course Ron's
explanation was that they don't use tops on roadsters in Arizona so the
roll bar wasn't designed to be used with a top :).   I measured the frame
on my other 68 roadster and found it to be 3/4" wider which made all the
difference.

Not sure if the frames are of two distinct designs and not even sure if
they both came originally with the 68's they were on.  It could be that
there is quite a bit of variation in dimensions between frames for these cars.

In my case I just swaped frames and everything is fine.  Just lucky that
the roll bar on the 1600 is narrower.

Ray

68 1600
68 2000