Do it because you love it (Long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Do it because you love it (Long)
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:02:19 PDT
Hey folks,

You know, sometimes it is the smallest things that put the big picture into
perspective. All this talk about the "new registry" and such came into focus
for me when Vic Laury posted the exact date his roadster came into his life.
11/2/96. Folks, how many of us know the exact date we got our cars?

If you ever meet Vic and his car you will see a man in love. He eats,
sleeps, drinks and lives for these cars. If you are ever in Southern
California and need help working on your car, Vic will help you. Just ask
Roman Rist. When I bought my 70 2000 and mentioned in passing I was having
carb problems, Vic's response was "If you bring it, it will run".

So folks, let's not worry about motivation or organization. If someone wants
to run the "new registry", let them take it on. Either they will do it, or
they won't. If someone wants to know info about my cars, I will gladly
provide it. For myself, I just want to get my cars restored and drive them
until my ass falls off. I'd also like to do it with people that appreciate
these cars as much as I do.

So come out to the Palomar run on August 20th. We'll all have a great time.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
70 2000
SoCalROC