Major web update - Dan Parkinson

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsunroadsters@egroups.com,
Subject: Major web update - Dan Parkinson
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 05:40:29 EDT
Hello Listers

The latest web update is a history of California racer Dan ‘Parky’
Parkinson. The pages feature pics of Dan’s 1600 and 2000 Roadsters, and also
include a history of David Pina’s SRL311-00701, which was owned and raced by
Dan from new.  This car came 2nd, 4th and 4th in the National Runoffs with 3
different drivers behind the wheel. Many thanks go to David Pina for
furnishing exhaustive info and pics in numerous E-Mails, some of which was in
turn supplied to David by Les Cannaday of CDM, Kirk Allegro, PB, and the SCCA.

Some of the #00701 content is not new to the web. David's info also appears
on Greg’s datsun.org (‘67 2000 Registry pages), and his pics also variously
appear on Calspeed’s site and Mike Poorboy’s Photo Album. This article
pulls
this information together, fills in some gaps, especially on Dan Parkinson
and the early years of #00701, and hopefully brings the story to life. URL
through the main page index,  <A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>http:/
/www.datsun.org/fairlady</A>

Next updates include an update of the Joe Hauser pages, with assistance from
Joe himself, (many thanks go to Bill Wessel, owner of one of Joe's 1600s, on
this one), Linda Sharp and her Roadster (any info/pics gratefully received)
and some nice updates on the Silvia pages.

<OT> Can anyone sell me any more hours in the day or days in the week? I was
thinking of around 32hrs per day or 9days per week. Please let me know.

In the meantime thanks to everyone for their responses on the Libre
wheels,especially Stan (cool pic Stan)  - another Libre question - what
colour were the spokes of the original wheels? - mine look quite tidy, if not
original, in red - just curious.

Regards

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>The Classic Fairlady Roadster