Re: A pleasant visit to San Francisco (2)

To: Jaykp@aol.com
Subject: Re: A pleasant visit to San Francisco (2)
From: David Conrad <conrad1@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:44:22 -1000
--------------6FF6CDDF3648177B872A783B

Here's the 2nd message relating to my solution to the problem.

Dave

--------------6FF6CDDF3648177B872A783B

Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 18:10:12 -1000
From: "David R. Conrad" <conrad1@gte.net>
To: Ross <datsun@istar.ca>
Subject: Re: Let's Hear it for the USPS!!

Ross:

Thanks for the reply.

Really shouldn't have sent that e-mail; I was tired and a little frustrated.
No one to commiserate with here,  no roadster buddies, even wife on the
mainland at this
time and my dog, who tries to help, doesn't really understand my frustrations.

Everything looked a lot better in the light of a new day.

Got the recored rad--hope it works as good as it looks!

Ross wrote:

> do you have a metric block or a standard block? 5 main or three main?

5 main, metric, but I think I answered all the bolt questions today.  Got a
replacement metric bolt, and a tap to chase the tapped hole in the block (which
I've
done).

> "David R. Conrad" wrote:
> >
> > Ross:
> >
> > Thanks to you and the USPS, the rad hose arrived before noon today,
> > brought directly to me by the mailman, while I was still struggling

> >Will have to see if the new one will fit better--at
> > this point I'm sorta unsure. Check tio see how it fits. i fthere is a
>problem i can send another. that one is the last of the braided hoses.

Won't know that until tomorrow probably, but I am encouraged by the fact that
it is about 3" longer than the last one.

> >ones I've replaced is that the '68 has that spacer that the 67-1/2
> > didn't have.  Same water pump.  What am I missing?

Glad you didn't dignify that dumb question with an answer.  By the time I
finally got that cap screw out, I had been so long at it that I forgot that
there were TWO
studs, not one remaining, so it had to "coaxed" from both sides.  (Coaxed,
hell, I pounded two large screwdrivers between the spacer and the pump, and
ended up using
a "crow bar"!)  I had simply forgotten that it wasn't a simple matter :-).

> when installing the new one, make sure that the studs are liberally
> coated with never seize. You have steel studs inside an aluminum
> housing, presto electrolisis.

Good point!  thanks

Probably finish tomorrow and go to the beach.  (That statement is almost sure
to get me in trouble!!)

Dave

--------------6FF6CDDF3648177B872A783B--