Re: Confessions Of A Reformed High Windshield Hater

To: ristguitars@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Confessions Of A Reformed High Windshield Hater
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:36:16 PDT
I too used to have the "I only like low windshield cars" syndrome. My 67
2000 was my baby and that was that. I had NO interest in a tall windshield
car. They looked "wrong" to me. Windhshield out of proportion, the UGLY
padded dash with levers and push/pull knobs. Oh to have my toggle swtiches.

Then my girlfriend and I buy a 70 2000 together. Since I have owned it, it
has grown on me tremendously. The taller windshield reduces the air flow
into the cockpit and the padded dash cuts down on the vibrations and noise
levels. I even like the steering wheel better than the one on my 67.

Each model has its quirks and each model has its advantages. Like Roman, I
am fortunate to have both so I can see the differences for myself.

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
70 2000
SoCalROC