Re: hardtop weatherstripping

To: Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hardtop weatherstripping
From: Davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 20:05:37 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/00 2:09:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com writes:

<<
 I've been refurbishing a hardtop, and am now nearing the stage of sourcing
 weather-stripping.
 Anyone know of a good source for extruded rubber stock? (most molding houses
 have a catalog of standard profiles, U's, H's, tubing, etc.)
 I'm sure there will probably be a minimum buy, so any I have left over I'll
 pass it off to whomever is interested at cost.  I'm sure I can find a
 source, I just thought if anyone already has a source that they've found
 I'll just use it, save the legwork.

This post pops up every now and then. I completely redid my hardtop with
weather stripping from (of all places) J.C.WHITNEY. They have many different
profiles.
The current kindling oops catalog in this weeks mailbox has it on page 92.
Profile "F" works GREAT for the back of the hardtop against the car
deck,$14.99 for 15 feet. Profile "M" is what I believe I used on the top to
windshield frame. Profile "p" around the windows. You can do the whole job
for about $50. My hardtop is in storage, if anyone REALLY needs it I can
double check the profiles I used for the window and windshield ones. I am
certain on the back one.
I have NO leaks with my hardtop.
DAVE