questions du jour / roadster for sale

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: questions du jour / roadster for sale
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:19:53 -0700
a general question:
I replaced the passenger door sealing rubber, which got rid of a lot of
rattles.  But still remaining is the incredibly noisy jolt when I encounter
any sort of road repair.  Sounds like the pass. door wants to head south.
Is this one of those grin and bear it conditions?  Is there any sort of
rubber cushion that goes in the locking mechanism so that the door is not
just free suspended from the forward hinges.
And a question for the engine innard experts:
WIth all the talk of the 2L death rattle, is there significant diff's
between the L20B timing tensioner and the U20?  I had a '76 710 and I
thought they had quite a reputation for durability (although it certainly
rev'd a lot power), so is there anything that can be done to change out
parts, retrofit?  (maybe I'm in over my head here)

BTW:
saw this in a local ad paper:

1967 roadster, $800
909-766-8663