Re: Carburetor tuning

To: "Robin Krause" <robinkrause@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Carburetor tuning
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:59:28 -0700
Robin Krause posted:
> Some friends at work are helping me tune my carbs and they want to hook up a
> mercury analyzer to synchronize them.  They can't figure out where they
> would be hooked up, so they want to drill a hole in each of the brown spacer
> thingies between the carbs and the manifold, then put nipples in there.
> Does anyone have any comments on whether this would work or if there is a
> better way?

To synchronize your carbs, you need a UniSyn - only about $25.  Don't drill
holes in anything!  The Unisyn is placed over the mouth of the carb briefly
and a little red dealie-bob will rise in the indicator.  Set each carb
for the same reading.  Very simple.

> Is the listening through a hose technique less black magic than it sounds?

I think that was recommended as a good way to siphon out one's brains; but
that might have been the bluebird list, they're nutty that way.

For more SU info -
Well, the best bet for a complete novice is Scott Bruning's SU video -
http://www.ZTherapy.com but a favorite link of mine is:
http://home.istar.ca/~datsun/att06.htm ..also enjoy:
http://www.jetlink.net/~okayfine/sutech.html then there's my tech page:
http://www.sonic.net/~kyle/ztech.html which discusses setting the
mixture... I cut my teeth on an article at http://www.ZHome.com - you'll
have to do a little digging there, I think it's in the technical section
or somewhere...

HTH
Kyle
       ____  Kyle Hagemann, Born-Again Grease Monkey From Beyond