things I have done wrong (was float bowl gaskets)

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: things I have done wrong (was float bowl gaskets)
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:00:00 -0700
You MIGHT be able to get away with no gasket  on the float bowl
    but I had mis-assembled one once, and tucked a part of the gasket
down inside the bowl.  It didn't leak at idle, but on the road it spit
gas all over!  Now, admittedly, the little flap of gasket left a nice
gap at the edge of the bowl, but I think the vents are set up to prevent
gas sloshing out of them...
    So I think I'd recommend either solution #'s 2 or 3... <grin>
Toby
Kyle H said