Re: Top Speed

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: Re: Top Speed
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:13:39 -0700
Hey Michael,

I wished I could have done that speed test on Hwy 505 along with you, but
that's when my boss called my cell phone to talk shop (why oh why do bosses
call at the worst times).

At Shasta Ken rode in my '66, and using his GPS he said my speedo was pretty
much right on, reading 3 or 4 mph above actual values. One time during the ride
back to San Francisco you punched it and I kept pace with you. My speedo was
reading about 120mph (no bouncing) when we leveled out from accelerating (and
the car was ready to do more). What were you reading then from your speedo? I've
also got the 195/60x14 tires but with the 1600 rear end.

Fred "katman"
P.S. a plug for Les' front air dam, the car feels much more stable at 100+ than
before I installed it.