A few pics and the trip home from Shasta...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: A few pics and the trip home from Shasta...
From: Ken Pearce <kpearce@engr.ukans.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 01:43:14 -0500 (CDT)
I've posted a few more roadster pics (my roadster that is) taken here in
Vancouver at:

www.engr.ukans.edu/~kpearce/trip2000.htm  (see the last link 071000_van)

There are a few good shots I took down at Granville Island this evening as
the Sun was setting.  Wish my digital camera had better optics, but for
web stuff it does pretty well.

As for the drive back from Shasta, I see it as my sworn duty as a U-20
Bombers inductee, to stand on the accelerator as I approach any other
Datsun roadsters from the rear.  I think I passed a few of you on I-5
yesterday...  (No Ross, I didn't keep it at 100 the whole way, that was
mainly a show... Although Shasta to downtown Vancouver in 10.5 hours
wan't too bad, even with two stand-still traffic jams in Seattle)
Who was that driving the silver roadster w/o plates?  I saw you twice I
think (we all have to stop for gas sometime)  Anybody on the list?

I do like to blast by other cool cars on the road so they have to ask them
selves, "...what the %$&@*%^& was that?...".  I don't consider my car
fast, with basically a stock 2000 with SU's, quick maybe, but way up there
on the fun factor scale...  Really handy for getting through traffic since
it will almost always fit in between the car you just passed and the car
that you are about to pass.

A big THANK YOU for all of those people who put on Shasta this year and
for everyone who made me feel so welcome and provided "floor space" for my
sleeping bag on occasion as I travel from place to place...

Ken Pearce
Engineering Computing Services
School of Engineering                  "The best time to take action
University of Kansas                     toward a dream is yesterday;
                                        the worst is tomorrow; the
kpearce@ukans.edu                        best compromise is today."
www.engr.ukans.edu/~kpearce
                                                   Alvah Simon