Re: clarification on roadster parts 66

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clarification on roadster parts 66
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:36:18 -0700
Actually there are two more cowl drains, although they may be plugged. There is
one on each side,
under the fender. If you stick your head inside the fender (jack it up first,
it's a lot easier) and
shine a light up there, you will see a flat spout that sticks out just a little
from the cowl area.
These side drains are also the cause of a lot of fender and door post rust, as
they dump right into
that area. The tires throw mud back there and the cowl drain keeps it nice and
wet. If you ever see
a roadster with a line of rust bubbles running vertically down the front fender
just ahead of the
door seam, that means it's rusting through from the inside and the door post is
probably history,
too.

--
Gordon Glasgow