Shasta West -- Or something to do when you can't be there

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shasta West -- Or something to do when you can't be there
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 18:38:41 -0700
Put engine and tranny back into the frame today. This would not have been
possible without the assistance of Fergus O'Farrell, Victor Laury and Roman
Rist. After so many months of parts in boxes it was a relief to have people
surrounding me that know what these things look like when they are in one
piece! Also, thanks to Roman for supplying his 66 1600 rolling assembly
guide. We referred to his engine compartment more than once to complete this
project!

We got rolling about 10AM and finished up around 3. No one went to the
hospital and the engine is still in the car (I haven't heard any loud bangs
from the garage) so I will call this effort a grand day out. I've posted
pics of the doings on our photopoint site, except for the actual eating of
the pizza, as that was just too gruesome :-)

I want to thank Vic, Fergus and Roman for taking time out of a Saturday to
get their hands dirty on someone else's car. The assistance is mutual, guys.
Anytime.

I gots half a Roadster!!!!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA