Seeping Head Gasket

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Seeping Head Gasket
From: Stephan Sochoux <sochoux@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:55:57 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

There are 2 lines (1mm) wide running from the head
gasket down the block, etching the paint away. They
start between #2 and #3 spark plugs. Compression is
even across all 4, no bubbles in the coolant with the
engine running, and no white smoke. I changed the oil
and it does look a little diluted with a greenish tint
to it.
I'm thinking the head gasket is giving away between #2
and 3 and that coolant is also leaking down a head
bolt ??
The engine has 800 miles since i rebuilt it and it's
been running great. I did retorque the head around 500
miles.
3 days before leaving for Shasta...

Stephan
'69 2000 BADROC