H4's

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: H4's
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 11:59:05 -0700
The sealed beam requirement went away,
    but the pattern of the H4's and their reflector design didn't meet
US spec up until recently.  I think it still doesn't comply in some
arcane way... With the gawdawful HID lights in Mercs and Audis now,
(yes, a personal rant there, it's true) I can't ever see getting busted
for 'em if they're adjusted properly.  With a more- even field and sharp
cut- off line, they certainly do a better job of both lighting the road,
and staying out of other drivers' mirrors...
    And of course, they do look cool <grin>
Toby B