Re: Fifth gear

To: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>,
Subject: Re: Fifth gear
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 19:43:22 -0400
Kyle,

Examine the gear carefully and see if there are splines where the gear meets
the part that rides on the main shaft which is about 1" thick but you have
to look carefully. If the tranny is not from a '69 or '70 I doubt you have a
splined gear. 1 tranny I have had a splined gear and the other didn't. Also
the gear case webbing was different, kinds looks like the webbing on a 4
speed which is a series of 1-1/2" boxes.

Mike