Electrical problems ( Fuse box, Gauges, Blinkers, etc. )

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical problems ( Fuse box, Gauges, Blinkers, etc. )
From: Paul J Souza <Paul.J.Souza@kp.org>
Date: 30 May 2000 18:26:50 -0700
Hi Everyone ... I've been having electrical problems with my 69 2000 since I
got it.  I'm trying to take the best approach to get everything working without
heating up my fuse box.  I purchased a new fuse box from Dean ( at Fairlady )
but I'm afraid to put it in until I resolve the majority of my problems.  I'd
appreciate any advice on the following problems:

1) Dash lights and gauges don't work ( except for manually connected oil, tach,
etc ).

2) Blinkers don't work.

3) Fuse box is running very hot if I turn on the Head lights. Common fuse is
most hot.

I'd also appreciate a list of the most common problem areas.   What to look for
and how I should fix it.

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to respond.

my email address: paul.j.souza@kp.org

Thanks again,

Paul Souza
69 2000