Alignment values?/sway support

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Alignment values?/sway support
From: jschmi7@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 07:26:06 -0500
I found Tom's Tech Tips and there is nothing in them about front end
alignment.  What values should I take with me to the alignment shop?

While doing the final step in my front suspension rebuild I discovered a
problem.  The support for the right side of the sway bar is bent.  I think
I did it a couple years ago while taking the car off of the trailer, I
caught the support on the right side of the trailer and bent it forward.
The result is that sway bar is pulled away from and forward of the end
point connection.

I wonder if anyone else has done a similar thing and is it possible to pull
it back into shape using a come-along attached to the frame further back?
Otherwise,  I will have to take it to a frame shop at some expense and they
will probably use heat and burn off all of my paint.  That is my second
choice.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter Office # - 847-458-7829
   Internal phonemail only  -  847-240-4725      pager pin#  800-759-8888
pin 8710561