Introducing myself to a new friend

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Introducing myself to a new friend
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 19:35:59 PDT
Hey all,

Well, I took SRL311-13951 out for its first "get to know you" drive. There
is a hill near my home that is my favorite hill climb to do in a roadster.
It is not twisty, but is fairly steep. It has a long sweeping turn that
lasts for 1/2 mile that you can do at 80 MPH. The kind where you hold the
steering whell at 10:00 for the whole turn and you can feel the car's
balance as you hold it. REALLY fun.

So I decided to take the 70 up there for a go at it. It did great. This car
has been lowered, so in tight turns it does better than my 67. In the
sweeping long turn, it felt a little tight. It was still great fun.

The car handles well and with a little work will be a great car. It needs a
paint job and some interior work. There is also something going on with the
carbs. It drinks gas and there is some power loss happening periodically.
Float. Nozzles. Needles. Something's up, so they will get first attention.
But it is fast becoming a friend.

If anyone is curious about it, I posted a pic of the car right after it got
back from its drive. It's at http://www.netcom.com/~andr/702000.jpg

He'll be at Shasta with me. See you all there!

Andrew Murphy
67 2000
70 2000
SoCalROC