Where to connect a Voltmeter??

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Where to connect a Voltmeter??
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:37:18 -0700
Hello All,
        So I broke down and bought a nice pair of gauges.  Water temp and
voltmeter.  They are auto meter gauges and hopefully they will be worth the
money.  Now the cheapy voltmeter I have on the car is connected to a
switched fuse.  I belive that it is not exactly reading the batt voltage.
People
have told me to hook the gauge directly to the batt.  That seems reasonable
to me but then.... How do you turn it  off??  If I hook it directly to the batt
it will ALWAYS be measuring the voltage.  Don't think that that is a good thing.
But I want to hook it somewhere that will accurately read the batt.
        Any ideas??
        Thanks,
                Daniel 69 2000